Sunday 28 April 2013

Film Review: The First Time

I know it's been awhile since my last post, I'm sorry. Been so busy with college and I've also had no idea what to write about; but I'm here now, with a new film review. 


(photo courtesy of aceshowbiz)

If you have tumblr, you have more than likely seen this gif show up on your dashboard once or twice. Yes? Well this is the film it's from. 

(gif courtesy of dylanobriendaily)

I don't know, am I the only one who thinks it's sort of an awkward jump? Anyway. 

The main character Dave (Dylan O'Brien) is a high school senior who is graduating soon, who thinks he is in love with his best friend Jane (Victoria Justice). Obviously Jane doesn't exactly feel the same way...or maybe she does and he just doesn't know it? Dave meets Aubrey (Britt Robertson) in a dark alley way during a party. Aubrey is a high school junior who attends a different school. She also has a boyfriend who doesn't understand her. They have a "casual" conversation and it instantly ignites a spark. Even a blind person could see the great chemistry these two share. Over the course of the weekend they find out what it's like to fall in love, for the first time.

Okay the synopsis of the film doesn't sound all that great, but I promise you, it's a good movie. It doesn't really have an ulterior subliminal message that truly connects with the audience, but it's all about falling in love for the first time. Who doesn't want to watch a movie about love?

I'll admit it's a bit of a cliché but it's the good cliché. Dylan O'Brien is so damn cute and sweet and beautiful, I just want to hug him for all of eternity. This movie only heightened the love I had for him, since Teen Wolf (hello Stiles!). 

I don't know about many of you, but I personally felt like I could connect with Aubrey, as a person. She has these great aspirations and wants to travel and be free and be who she truly wants to be. That's the Aubrey I connect with. 

They're quite awkward around each other and you can't help but fall in love with them and want them to be together forever. Dave is just so, so perfect, it makes my heart physically hurt. 

You know that chemistry I was talking about earlier? Yeah well, they're chemistry was so great that Dylan O'Brien and Britt Robertson actually started dating in real life! I know right, unfair. Where's my Dylan O'Brien?!

If you're like me and you're an absolute sucker for chick flicks that involves a gorgeous boy you can never ever have, a beautiful girl you can never ever look like and love you will probably never ever feel, then this movie is for you. If you don't, then stay away from this movie, you won't like it much. Or do watch it, you might change your mind. 

All I can tell you what this film left me with, is a new name to add to my list of celebrity husbands. Where can I sign up to get my own Dylan O'Brien? 

I shall now leave you with these gifs, good day to you sir. 

 Maybe Dylan's beautiful face will help convince you to watch it. 

(gifs courtesy of strawberrydarling and l4st-f1rst-kiss)

Here, watch the trailer. Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment